Insurance that protects your paycheck.
Disability insurance protects your most valuable asset. You may think this is your home or retirement account. But chances are your most valuable asset is your future income. But what if you get injured or sick and can’t work? Disability insurance protects your paycheck. In short, you can still count on receiving income, even though you are unable to work.
Just like other insurance, disability insurance is an added expense to your budget. So is it worth it? To help answer that, consider the following:
- The average Social Security disability benefit is only $1,166 per month.
- 25% of today’s 20-year-olds will become disabled before age 67.
- Only 5% of disability claims are work-related, meaning 95% of claims are not covered by Workers’ Compensation.
- 69% of workers have no long-term disability insurance.
- Illness (not accidents) causes 90% of disabilities.
- 65% of Americans could not cover normal living expenses for a year if disabled.
The fact is, disability insurance might be as important as life insurance. If your family depends on your income, it’s essential.
If you are a business owner, you need it. Your business partner needs it, too.
Because it’s so important, we’ve made it easy for you to get an idea of the cost. There are a lot of variables, so let us work with you so you can make the best decision.